2014 - Landscape / Urbanism
Tourist development of the Rue des Mouettes
Site : Commune de Saint Paul
Program : Tourist development of the Rue des Mouettes
Amount of Work : 1 705 000 M€ HT
Area : Intervention perimeter of about 1km
Mission : Project management
Date : 2014
Project Owner : Mairie de Saint Paul MO Mandataire : TAMARUN SPL
Project manager : LEU Réunion (BET Paysage et Urbanisme), mandataire; Atelier LD (Urbanisme, paysage, techniques environnementales) ; CONCEPT (BET Eclairage)
The Rue des Mouettes is a residential and tourist route that serves two beach restaurants, residences and many individual houses sometimes converted into holiday rentals. It is mostly one-way, with no pavement but lit.
The site benefits from a development of the tourist offer and an important concentration of activities which are daily sources of nuisance and pollution. This sensitive area with many technical constraints (complex topography, mixed uses, restricted land use, complex rainwater management, etc.), therefore requires adequate development in order to limit nuisances while highlighting its potential.
The Seagull Street development project is based on :
- The valorization of the landscape and its qualities.
- The enhancement of the historical identity of the site (especially the former CFR)
- The definition of traffic principles with the aim of calming down "road" traffic
- Definition of the organization of the parking lot according to uses: resident uses, visitor uses,
- The definition of the organisation of waste management as a whole: household waste, green waste, bulky waste...
- The management of hydraulic malfunctions put into perspective with the ecological sensitivity of the site (proximity of the water table, of the lagoon).
- Improvement of the urban comfort of the facilities, and in particular concerning thermal comfort (giving priority to shade for users), the living environment and health (limiting suspended matter such as dust).